1. ღ Never complain. Never explain. ~ Katherine Hepburn
At times, I find myself kvetching about a situation in my life I created, by doing something for someone I didn’t really want to do. I realize it only serves to bring negative and wasted energy to my world. My friends remind me that our time on earth is precious. So why bring negative issues into our valuable time together? Good question.
2. ღ A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude ~ Bruce Wilkinson
I struggle with this one because I am a pretty generous person and I do like to say “thank you” in a timely manner; likewise, when I don’t hear *thank you* I allow the situation to upset me. I understand that one should give without expectation; however, I do believe that a “thank you” is just good manners and a sign of appreciation by the recipient. I truly understand a little gratitude goes far. This is what I will work on mastering this coming year.
3. ღ Follow your heart and Learn to trust your heart. ~ Unknown
It’s funny that I tweet “Follow your Heart” quotes frequently but do not always apply this concept to my own life. This past year, I ended up doing things that I regretted. Pay attention to coincidences and when things do not go smoothly, there’s a guardian angel watching over you. Don’t let your emotions blind you! In each situation, there will be crystal clear signs. Trust your heart and let it guide you.
4. ღ Be selective in your battles, don’t make every problem a war. ~ Unknown
My life is more peaceful when I am diplomatic instead of trying to be Ms. Right. Being right takes too much energy. Just state your viewpoint in a positive way and if the person is open to hear it, they will listen. It took me years to let go of “being in the right.”
5. ღ Eliminate physical clutter. More importantly, eliminate spiritual clutter. ~ Terri Guillemets
When we accumulate material things around us that we don’t need and perhaps can’t afford, we create material and spiritual clutter. Life is a gift, not clutter!
6. ღ Friends are special, treasure them. ~ Unknown
We get busy with our lives and sometimes only call friends when we need something. It’s nice to make a call to say “hi” and let them know we’re thinking of them. The volume can be overwhelming but I believe friends appreciate when you reach out and say hello. Even with our Twitter friends, a quick RT or a quick drive by tweet is appreciated.
7. ღ It’s okay to make mistakes. Mistakes are our teachers — they help us to learn. ~ John Bradshaw
Don’t punish yourself when you make a blunder. We all make them and we sometimes repeat our mistakes. Be kind to yourself, take the lesson, learn and move forward. Beating up on yourself or someone else isn’t going to create growth. There have to be bumps in life, otherwise how will we grow richer without these experiences.
8. ღ If I let it bother me, I wouldn’t be Bruce Lee. ~ Bruce Lee
I love this quote because I once lived in the world of “perfection”. Every little thing bothered me. Now when something starts to take me back there, I say, “If I let it bother me, I wouldn’t be Ann Tran”. ツ
9. ღ Circumstances & situations do color your life but you choose what the color shall be. ~ J.H. Miller
I populate my stream with positive tweets because it’s the world I choose to live in. Whatever tone I set for myself that day is the direction of my day. One day last month, I accidentally scratched the bottom of my car’s bumper, “ouch” a new ding. I can choose to spend the money to fix it and make it perfect or just ignore it because I can barely see the scratch. I make a conscious effort to have a positive attitude. This is an ongoing intention.
10. ღ We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put our words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day. ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce
2010 has been a wonderful, blessed year for me and probably the richest one in terms of spiritual growth. I thank my family and all my friends. I am grateful for all the beautiful lessons. Cheers to all and I wish you peace, health, blessings and a rocking 2011!