I’ve decided that there’s no need to entertain other options again, now that I’ve been on my maiden voyage with Holland America. I clearly remember my experience of traveling to seven European counties in one month via plane, train and automobile. Although the destinations provided me with a rich experience, the hassle of logistics during travel was frustrating. So why deal with the headaches when there is such an easier way to travel? My time on Holland America was both a fun journey and a very pleasant way to travel. Here are my top reasons why I would welcome another adventure on one of Holland America’s cruises:
- I can see more of the world in less time.
- It’s the best way to visit multiple countries without the hassle—no parking, no taxis, no hauling luggage required!
- I loved exploring and learning from a new vantage point: the sea.
- And how can you resist the Zen of the sea?
- Being treated to fantastic culinary delights prepared and served by a friendly, knowledgeable team with exceptional attention to service at every level.
- The choice to do everything…and absolute nothing. Should I try high tea at sea, or blind wine tasting? Yes to both!
- It’s a great form of travel, because you always have a place to sleep while traveling, despite any time zone differences.
- Access to fitness activities such as basketball, tennis, swimming, fitness gym and walking the promenade deck, and most available 24 hours a day.
- The choice of multiple dining options, from casual fare of burgers, dogs and fries by the pool, to five-star dining in elegance.
- Being at sea is always entertaining—there is never a dull moment. But if you want to relax, there are always opportunities for that as well, whether you curl up with a good book, surf the Internet from a leather recliner, or just watch the ocean pass by.
I know that this is actually an 11th reason, but it meant a lot—a bonus for me was being able to meet new travel writers, Public Relations Managers and social media teams at different stops during my visits.
So what’s in it for you? Be open to exploring the world. Even though I was hesitant to take an ocean cruise, I’m so glad I gave it a try. Start out with a short cruise if you’re not sure if it’s for you. My journey was from Vancouver to San Diego, and was so happy to explore Vancouver. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the city! I also discovered how much I enjoyed the friendship and camaraderie on @HalCruises—Thanks for the experience! #HalCruises #CoastCruise