Inspiration, Photography, Travel

The Joy of Simple Things

The Joy of Simple Things

When I feel my energy needs a recharge, I go for a walk in nature because that is a place I know will refresh me.  It is the joy of simple things, life’s simple pleasures, that we sometimes forget to do.

I love photographing nature and other things that make me come alive!  Photography is a hobby I enjoy, and would love to share my photos with you to show how simple things can bring you joy!

So what little treat can do the trick for you?

Here are ten simple things that bring me endless joy and contentment.

Capturing a magical moment through my camera lens brings such delight to my day.  I love photographing butterflies, beaches, rainbows and LIFE!  Although there are times the picture does not paint what I see, there are those rare moments when I get lucky and capture that perfect picture.

A frothy cappuccino is my favorite morning routine while I tweet to the world and catch up on my news.

Savoring a glass of wine while enjoying my own thoughts or the company of good friends and family is a treasure.

Walking in nature or in a quiet garden makes my soul bubble with gratitude!

Watching magical clouds go by while appreciating LIFE with enthusiasm empowers me.

Vibrant colors in nature brings a big SMILE to my face.

London Tweet-up with @Paul_Steele

Smiles and laughter with friends reminds me that LIFE is wonderful!

Serenity and tranquility reenergizes me and brings me peace and reflection.

Emma loved flying unlike her owner.

Memories of my golden retriever, Emma bring me comfort and warmth.

Being at the beach makes me childlike and thrilled to be ALIVE!

Photography by Ann Tran
Top photo of me with camera by @sheconsulting

Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!

22 October 2011

Author

- who has written 156 posts on Ann-Tran.

Contact the author

*Please bear with me as I catch up on reading your comments and responding. Thank you for your patience! And don't forget to include your Twitter username or blog URL so I can visit you online.

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Your Comments

31 Comments so far

1. Micah Yost says:

New to your blog. Great read and fun reminder. Thanks for sharing! It’s so true: the little things matter!

-Micah

2. Maria says:

Wonderful blog Ann, very uplifting. Beautiful pics also. :-)

3. Tadd Hoover says:

Best article I have ever seen! May your expression of joy and awesomeness spread throughout the internet world to bring joy and comfort to as many people as possible! Great post!

4. Such an inspiring post, thank you. Simple things in life, what else can make you really happy. Personally I would add some delicious food :-)

5. Tannia Wilkins says:

Thanks Ann,I truly enjoyed reading through your simple pleasures and it did raise my spirit and remind me that life is simple.We just need to appreciate what we already have

6. Sneha says:

Hey Ann! :)
    Simple things make us happy and we can find this happiness anywhere.. See even these pics made me happy:)
    Love all the pics you have included but specially like tweet up with Paul one..:) nice pose and the one in which you are jumping with joy!
    Cheers to beautiful life!

7. ide-puffen says:

So true. Very inspiring. Wonderful pictures.
    Randi :)

8. Love this! Awesome, inspiring & beautifully articulated, Ann. Wonderful post.

• Ann says:

Hi Krystyn,

This was a fun post for me to share. I love working on my photo blogs. Thank YOU for stopping by to say hi! Happy Chinese New Year!

♥ Ann

9. Amanda says:

CLOUDS! That one really made me smile. I’m always stopping to appreciate a beautiful cloud, and have taken so many cloud photos over the years that mean nothing to anyone else but me.

Lovely to see a fellow cloud lover out there…

10. Tram Tran says:

Life is so wonderful. We gotta enjoy every moment of it. You really rock it! Awesome job

11. Ria C. del Mundo says:

very inspiring…thanks! :)

12. Mirjam says:

Oh this is wonderful! The clouds are amazing, you on the beach gave me a huge smile on my face. Love this post!

13. blogomomma says:

Beautiful reflections…. my fave? You on the beach – unbridled joy. Love it! ;D

14. Great list Ann!! A great reminder to appreciate the little things in life that truly bring us joy. Thank you!! =))

15. Elzbieta says:

Great picture,and your page also.
    I am happy to find the person as you are – very inspiring.
    The best.E

16. Susan says:

These are the things that matter! Thank you for sharing these special joys and delights. Life is good! ~Susan (@softypaws)

17. Judy Mayhew says:

Thank you for reminding me about the simple pleasures. Gorgeous photography!

18. Percy Powers says:

Thank you for sharing your pictures and thoughts!
    Inspires me to see the present and reflect on the
    past in a new way! Peace be with you always!

19. Vicky Hunt says:

I love the nature photos, especially the clouds. Thanks for sharing, Ann.

20. Thank you for sharing these great reflections and images – very inspiring!

21. Yes it is the simple things in life that bring us joy. I often think of when my and my husband were first married and lived in our first small house. Looking back, life was so simple… it is a time we cherish!

22. Beautiful view of the world through your lens of joy and beauty Ann. I love this post. You inspire me so much with your photography and fabulous attitude.

Positively,

Peggy

23. Becky says:

Such a cute doggy! I like the fact that you appreciate the simple things, a lot of people forget about them :)

24. Nadia says:

That’s what I call it the power of simplicity. Thank you for sharing.
    Nadia:) xx

25. RJ says:

Great post Ann. I love the pictures :) Is that you attached to that parachute? Amazing.

My list would be:

Running very early in the morning before people are out, nature walks, coffee, and insane servings of Italian food.

I now want to add the cappuccino in that image to my list :)

Share your view

Please share your thoughts!